Sunday, January 22, 2012

A creation just for me, to remind me of you.



For those of you who read my blog regulary, you might remember the buttons my late Auntie Peggy left me??!? I brought a selection of different coloured/shaped ones back to Spain with me to make something for my house that would remind me of her on a daily basis. I decided on a nice cushion, with a heart design made of buttons on the front. With the mix of buttons and colours I thought it would look quite eclectic and unique. So for the past few months I have, every now and then been sewing one or two buttons onto the white cotton and although I have a way to go yet, I thought you might like to see how I am getting on.

Sewing the buttons on gives me great pleasure as I imagine what she used the buttons for, maybe a dress she used to love? or her favourite jumper? maybe her winter coat? I like to think that at least one or two of them were used and touched by her regulary and now my hands are touching them and renewing life into them by giving them a second purpose. It's a nice feeling and I am sure she is pleased they are getting used, rather than sitting in a tin somewhere. I have a whole bowl full of others so I will have to think about making something else out of those....but that's a project for next Winter! :) lol

As you can see, there is a way to go yet, but of course, once I have finished.... you guys will be the first to see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment